What do vegetables and social media marketing have in common?
by Trudi Baldwin1. Can you say YETCH? Both can be unappetizing.
Seriously, folks, why would any self-respecting, creative writer remotely care about social media marketing unless forced into it?
The answer is … drum roll here … as an indie writer, I am forced into an uneasy marriage with social media marketing. OMG!
- I have so much to learn. How will I ever master it all?
- How will I ever find the time to do all that needs to be done and still find time to write: my real love?
- And scariest of all, what if it doesn’t work? I’ve dutifully eaten vegetables my whole life and my body’s still imperfect. What if the same goes for my forced marriage with social media marketing?
- What happens if I do all this out-of-my-comfort -zone marketing and my book sales still sag? OMG!
3. What to do? I trick myself into eating veggies, maybe I can trick myself into gobbling up social media marketing… because it’s good for me!
I love reading, writing, learning, creativity, and fun. Plus, I’m self-disciplined — I’ve written two books by waking up at 4:30 a.m. and writing every morning until I have to go to my day job.
Might there be a way, by weaving all of these pleasures into my social media marketing plan and relying on my self-discipline, that I trick myself into gobbling up those social media marketing (yetch) “vegetables” too?
A Phi Beta Kappa, Trudi Baldwin’s varied and successful career as a manager in three Fortune 200 companies has afforded her endless “opportunities,” as they’re called in corp-speak, to participate in the ridiculous. She’s also ridden the glorious highs and smacking lows of the real estate market, even selling homes out of the malls during desperate times. All of these experiences provide hilarious fodder for the undercover predicaments of Baldwin’s characters, Sammy Dick and her genius sidekick cousin, Geo, in their quest to become corporate detectives extraordinaire. When she’s not writing, Trudi and her husband Tim spend most of their time cleaning up after two dogs, three horses, and one silly old cat in Phoenix, Arizona. To find out more about the Sammy Dick series and other books by Trudi Baldwin, please visit her website or check out her Facebook page.