How The Effective Author Triumphs Over a Cold
© 2019 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved.
Authors require clarity and productivity. We need to feel good. And colds eat our clarity, moods, and productivity. We need to beat colds fast! Fortunately, there are more ways than ever to help yourself beat a cold, quickly and inexpensively.
Secret #1: Is it really a cold, or is it the flu? Severe muscle aches indicate flu (influenza), probably not a cold. Call your doctor right away. New antiviral prescriptions may help you. Also, if you have special medical conditions that mean you should call your doctor in case of cold/flu symptoms, do that immediately. Prefer a homeopathic remedy? Try Oscillococcinum® from any health food store, drug store, or Target for less than $15. Dissolved under the tongue, this is a very effective remedy for many.
Secret #2: Support your body! Use rest, fluids, and soaking. Whether it’s a cold or the flu, get extra rest. Drink lots of water and soup. Take a hot bath, at the “ahhhhh” temperature for you, which may be about 103 degrees F. Add one to two pounds of Epsom salts and set a timer so you stay in for at least 20 minutes. If you are concerned about your tub’s jets being hurt by the Epsom salts, dissolve them before adding to the tub, or buy your Epsom salts in liquid form.
Secret #3: Treat a sore throat with natural gargle. If your throat hurts, mix salt and baking soda in equal proportions in a small storage jar; use a teaspoon of the mix in a glass of pleasantly hot water, and gargle thoroughly. Make deep tones while you gargle to allow the liquid reach further into the back of your throat.
Secret #4: Try a homeopathic remedy. A popular one for colds is Coldcalm®, made by the same company that makes Oscillococcinum® for flu. Just follow the package directions.
Secret #5: Use strengthening nutritional aids. Play around with these to see which work best for you. These are inexpensive and can strengthen your immune system to beat the cold virus quickly.
- Drink black or green tea with minimally processed honey in it. The tea contains heart-healthy compounds, and the honey contains many enzymes and other energizing nutritional components. Get organic tea, loose or in non-paper bags. The chlorine in the paper may give some people joint pain.
- Eat yang foods. In Chinese medicine, a cold is a “yin” condition, so adding “yang” foods to your body will make you feel much better and literally make you more vital, right away. Keep warm (yang) and drink your tea or soup warm. Stir a little ginger powder into your tea or chicken soup. You probably have ginger powder in your spice rack. Or use ginger extract drops from your health food store.
- Try Vitamin C with bioflavonoids. One highly absorbable form is the widely available Emergen-C®, available in most grocery stores and drugstores in many flavors; the small packets contain ascorbate compounds of Vitamin C, B complex, and minerals. Related popular products include Cold-EEZE® and Airborne®. Try different formulas to find the one/s you like best. Most pharmacies now carry these.
- Soluble B-12 with folic acid and B-6 is also widely available now.
- Eat fresh fruit, if possible, not frozen or canned due to the loss of nutrition and vital life force energy that occurs during processing. The colors represent the natural bioflavonoids. Add fresh lemon to your tea.
- Herbal drops are widely available for strengthening the immune functions. Separately or in combined drops, these may include: astragalus, echinacea, goldenseal, shitake or reishi mushroom, fresh red root, licorice root, and suma root.
Secret #6: Get some energy therapy. Jin Shin Jyutsu and Reiki can lift you right out of a cold. You will notice the results immediately and come out of your cold on a higher vitality level than you went into it with. Try one or more of these suggestions and let me know what worked best for you.
Don’t let a cold steal your time and energy! Charge down this list and get back to your productivity fast. To triumph over a cold is yet another way to be the ever more Effective Authorsm!
Kebba Buckley Button is a stress management expert with a natural healing practice. She also is an ordained minister whose passion is helping people find their Peace Within. She is the author of the award-winning book, Discover The Secret Energized You, available on Amazon, plus Inspirations for Peace Within: Quotes and Images to Uplift and Inspire. IPW is available on Amazon in full-color glossy format. Her newest book is Sacred Meditation: Embracing the Divine, also on Amazon in full-color. For full-color PDF versions, contact her office. For an appointment or to ask Kebba to speak for your group: email@example.com.